Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ripped contact lens piece still in eye

(8 Posts)
SiameseIfYouPlease Wed 15-Jun-11 20:22:49

Last night when I took out my lenses, I noticed one had ripped and a bit was still in my eye. Less than a fifth I reckon. I was in the middle of putting DD to bed so forgot about it till this morning, when I realised I had the whole grit-in-eye feeling.
I've tried to; rub it out, rinse it out, pulled my upper lid down, pulled both lids together.. It is still there, I can see it every so often.

Any tips? I'm going to have to see the optician tomorrow if I can't get it out, but I don't really have time.

Thanks

missorinoco Wed 15-Jun-11 20:26:14

Got any saline? Irrigate your eye loads, that might help. I got one out of my eye by repeatedly closing my eyelids as if I was taking out a lens. Took about 5 mins of doing it constantly, then it came.

Furball Wed 15-Jun-11 20:27:43

Are they disposables?

This has happened to me a few times. I put in a fresh lens, then swirl it right round all under the eyelid and everywhere, gently swoosh it all over the eyeball It will find it for you!

tempertemper Wed 15-Jun-11 20:29:45

Put another lens on top - with a little bit of saline on it - so it (hopefully) sticks to the remnant of the other and you can pull them both out together?

This is what I would try - obviously I have no idea of whether it would work or not!

tempertemper Wed 15-Jun-11 20:30:23

Ooh furball. Great minds and all that.

SiameseIfYouPlease Wed 15-Jun-11 20:33:17

I'm going to try that right now. Clever mnetters

SiameseIfYouPlease Wed 15-Jun-11 21:25:18

I put in another lens as suggested but nothing has come out.. I then used an eye bath. My eye feels better but I've no idea if it's still there or not.
What do you think? Leave it or find an optician?

Acekicker Wed 15-Jun-11 21:36:15

Go the optician to get it checked out - eyes aren't really something to mess around with. Chances are it will have worked its way out and what you're feeling now is just scratches from where it was but I'd get it checked tomorrow just to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now