Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Why cant I just tell everyone to F off and leave me alone?

(4 Posts)
IntotheNittyGritty Wed 15-Jun-11 19:46:39

Have started to let people know my diagnosis which isnt the best of news.

I dont want visitors offering their sympathies at the moment. But people keep popping round. Its not helpful, they are not offering to do any cleaning, washing, ironing, etc. I need sleep and cant because of all these concerned people.

I want to cry, be left alone and not talk to anyone.

You probably think I am being really selfish. I am putting on a brave face but I dont want to talk to anyone just yet. I need to understand myself what has happened and what will happen.

Owlingate Wed 15-Jun-11 19:50:55

I don't think you are selfish at all. You want to crawl in to a great big hole and be by yourself. Can you email / text everyone and let them know you are grateful that they want to help but at the moment you don't feel able to see people? And let a few decent people know if there is specific things they can do e.g. leave them a load of washing to take with them and bring back etc.

25goingon95 Thu 16-Jun-11 13:26:14

I don't think you are selfish either! I agree you could text everyone and let them know you need some time out and will be in touch soon

DeWe Thu 16-Jun-11 14:34:33

Put a note on the door when you want to sleep.
"Into is asleep at the moment. Please don't disturb. Thank you to all my concerned visitors."
Could you ask a friend to organise a cleaning/washing/ironing rota to anyone who wants to help?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: