Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

UTI plus secondary infection

(1 Post)
queenoffairies Wed 15-Jun-11 16:07:40

On Saturday morning I started feeling a little dizzy and weak, and then by the evening I was really poorly with a temp, shivering, burning when peeing and pain in side etc. A visit to the OOH doc diagnosed me with a UTI that had gone to my kidneys, and I was given some antibiotics. But, my Monday I was actually feeling worse, so my GP called out and gave me some stronger ab's, and said if I was no better by Wednesday (today) to call back.

More or less straight after he left on Monday, I noticed that my throat was sore, and a couple of hours after that, my glands were really swollen. I stupidly thought that the ab's I was already on would tackle this problem as wellblush But, they obviously didnt, as the pain and swelling just kept on increasing. So, my GP called out again today, diagnosed a secondary infection and swollen lymph nodes - and gave me additional ab's.

I feel like absolute crapsad and typing this is probably the longest I have managed to stay awake since Sundayblush Can anyone give me any hope as to when I may start to feel a bit better? I am on max amount of co-codomal (sp?) and ibuprofen, 2 lots of ab's, and despite actually sleeping a lot, I am not sleeping properly as I cant use my CPAP machine due to the swellingsad

(apologies for essay and 'poor me' type post blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now