Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there many bugs going around? I seem to get them all!

(10 Posts)
Vi8 Wed 15-Jun-11 14:04:38

Stomach bug three weeks ago, nasty cold two weeks ago, and still recovering from it. I feel dizzy, sinusy, headachy, fed up... Is it just me?

FlubbaBubba Wed 15-Jun-11 14:32:01

nope - at home today with a bug which has floored me sad

there's a note up in nursery about tummy bugs going around, so it's not just you being got at by the beasties - not much comfort though.

Hope you get better soon

Vi8 Wed 15-Jun-11 18:13:36

Thanks! I think that having young kids brings all the bugs home, I've had quite a few this winter...

WentworthMillerMad Wed 15-Jun-11 20:16:02

Same here! Have picked up every single bug going recently. Chesty cough and aches right now. Am a teacher with 3 small peskies so that is my reason! Am going to do a serous immunity boost - vit c, zinc, hot ribenna - you name it!

Vi8 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:20:33

I'm a teacher too, with two little ones at home! I'm going to investigate about immunity boost, and definitely getting flu jab in autumn. Thanks, sometimes I feel I'm the only one...

chickychick Wed 15-Jun-11 22:37:16

l swear by Olive Leaf Capsules bit pricey but well worth anything not to feel yuckey £29.99 for 90 from Holland and Barret try to get them when they have there special offers on

WentworthMillerMad Thu 16-Jun-11 11:23:34

never heard of olive leaf but I think i will buy some today!

Vi8 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:40:02

By the way, how long should I expect a virus to last? this last one has been a week of feeling under the weather...

Vi8 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:40:37

By the way, how long should I expect a virus to last? this last one has been a week of feeling under the weather...

winnybella Thu 16-Jun-11 17:43:44

We got something off DD, who has recently started going to the playgroup i.e. picks up every bug going.

It's been two weeks now and no signs of improvement. Mine went into chest after a week so am coughing my lungs out, DP has it in his sinuses. It sucks.

A normal cold usually lasts about a week, but if you get bronchitis or something like that, it can lasts for fucking ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now