Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to get most out of Physio appt

(5 Posts)
steben Wed 15-Jun-11 11:46:19

Have just had call through for physio after about 7 docs appts trying to get to the bottom of constant lower back pain on my left hand side. I have been treated for UTI but pain still there are constant. Am only 31 - reasonably fit and healthy and the constant pain is getting ne down - as is taking codeine most days. I have had physio in the past when pregnant with SPD and was very dissatisfied with it. Anyone else seeing a physio for back pain and how are you getting on/making most of your appt?

cjel Wed 15-Jun-11 19:19:26

I must admit I would want scans to confirm diagnoses before seeing physio. Can be useless if they treat you for the wrong thing. Perhaps physio will book you one.

steben Thu 16-Jun-11 09:21:42

Thanks - may bring that up

kbaby Fri 17-Jun-11 22:53:53

TBH I found it useless. I have constant pain upon bending etc. If I lean forward at my desk for a few minutes its painful to straighten back up.

I had a course of 10 physio appts. It helped loosen my back up slightly and did ease the pain but once I stopped doing the twice daily exercises they gave me it went back to the same. Surely I cant do back exercises for the rest of my live

BelaLugosiinStripes Sat 18-Jun-11 21:43:57

Has the GP done a physical exam including pelvic exam? I ask because I had identical symptoms to yours and it turned out to be an ovarian cyst!

So I would be inclined to agree with cjel in perhaps wanting to confirm it definitely is a back problem before going down the physio route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now