Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Asthma and energy levels

(6 Posts)
misspollysdolly Wed 15-Jun-11 10:06:07

Just a quick question for any of you who have moderate-severe asthma. Does anyone else struggle with sometimes extremely low energy levels...? I am having a completely grounded kind of day sad and am a bit worried as well as frustrated. I think I have a low level virus, which is causing a bit of chest discomfort but nothing disastrous. My asthma is fairly brittle and definitely in the moderate-severe area, and despite taking my regular treatments my chest is pretty much tight all the time.

Today I am easily breathless and easily exhausted - just going up one set of stairs to the bathroom to see to DS2 on the loo is enough to make me feel like I can hardly function sad. I am also 23 weeks pregnant, which I accept will not be helping the energy levels, but it definitely starts and ends with how my chest feels.

Not wheezing, not massively coughing, just tight and easily breathless/exhausted. Should I call and speak to the GP/asthma nurse...?!

TIA MPD

misspollysdolly Wed 15-Jun-11 12:14:43

BUMP

magso Wed 15-Jun-11 14:16:54

HI MPD - yes I do but I have also post pneumonia viral fatigue (2+years) so tend to blame that ( getting up the stairs is a struggle every day!). However when I am really tight chested I almost stop!! I get tight chested without necessarily having a wheeze.
It might be best to check with your asthma nurse.

JemimaMop Wed 15-Jun-11 14:19:45

Yes I do.

If my asthma is playing up (usually triggered by a cold or hayfever, sometimes just stress) then I get really, really tired. I suppose if you aren't taking in oxygen properly you do get tired.

I found that pregnancy made my asthma worse too.

If you are worried talk to your asthma nurse.

WentworthMillerMad Wed 15-Jun-11 20:19:57

Yes I do - I have a low level virus now, hurts when I cough and about to go to bed. Was out of breath just talking today - I am upping my serotide and vit c central!

magso Mon 20-Jun-11 17:49:29

Did you see the asthma nurse MPD? (gentle reminder)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now