Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do you think gp will do me a sick note

(4 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Tue 14-Jun-11 22:46:33

i had an op today, after the op the consultant said I needed a two week sick note rather than the normal one week one.

However by the time I was finally discharged after waiting or two hours for the nurse to say I could go I had no sick note. Drs were busy with an emergency which is fair enough but am worried gp will say no as he doent know what's happened.

I don't even have a discharge letter for him. And no painkillers for me.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 14-Jun-11 22:47:47

And do I need to see the gp or just ring and ask the receptionist. I'm in so much pain I can't sit up.

perfumedlife Tue 14-Jun-11 23:13:33

Sounds painful!

I would ring the gp first thing and explain what happened when you were discharged. How remiss of them not to give you painkillers though. I dare say the gp receptionists can check with the hospital for verification.

Hope you can get some rest tonight. x

VivaLeBeaver Tue 14-Jun-11 23:29:10

Thanks. I think they forgot the painkillers and I just wanted to get out of there. Not wait another two hours for them to be prescribed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: