Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Tongue ulcers

(4 Posts)
candyfloss66 Mon 13-Jun-11 17:24:34

Hi, some time ago I had a painful ulcer on the side of my tongue my dentist recommended a mouth wash which cured it however for the last couple of months I feel as though there is something on the side of my tongue it's not painful just annoying.I keep looking at it but there isn't really anthing there. I did see my GP & he said it isnt anything sinister but what could it be. Has anyone experienced this?

piellabakewell Mon 13-Jun-11 21:14:35

Perhaps mention it at your next dental check up? Dentists are experts at oral health and may spot or suggest something.

candyfloss66 Tue 14-Jun-11 07:15:00

Thankyou for your reply Piellabakewell I did mention it to my dentist & he said it wasn't anything sinister & gave me Difflum mouth wash. It feels as though I have an irritating spot on the side of my tongue it's annoying because I'm aware of it but it isn't painful.

IntotheNittyGritty Tue 14-Jun-11 08:46:12

Might be worth asking your doctor to check your bloods. Ulcers can indicate other problems. Best be safe than sorry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: