Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Breast exam today - been ok till now but getting worried.

(3 Posts)
BambinoBoo Mon 13-Jun-11 08:31:17

I've had lumpier breasts since I had DS 2.5 years ago, but last month I noticed one lump - like a thick vein on the middle right side - just felt more prominent and tender. I went to the docs and she said it didn't feel like a lump or anything sinister, just normal breast tissue, but she always refers so I have an exam today. They have sent some material on what to expect which is very clear, but I am still scared. I lost 2 aunts last year from cancer (one was breast) and a colleague died recently from cancer, whilst another one is undergoing chemo. I am bracing myself for them to say, actually, your doctor was wrong. Not helped by an ongoing anxiety problem. No point to my post really, I've not told anyone bar DH - although he has to work so I am going on my own. I guess I'm hoping that someone will say that if it was bad, my doctor would have picked it up already.

Elibean Mon 13-Jun-11 10:21:58

Good luck (with the anxiety as much as the exam) smile

Waiting is horrid, but you are doing the right thing - and you have a very sensible sounding GP. Odds are hugely on your side xx

BambinoBoo Mon 13-Jun-11 14:38:54

Thanks Elibean. I am back now and all was fine. I just have lumpy hormonal breasts. I think I need to deal with the anxiety now more than anything, before the next worry comes along!

Thanks again. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: