Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why no period this month??

(5 Posts)
crkm Sun 12-Jun-11 20:33:20

am 38, always had a regular AF - but this month it didnt appear. am now 8 days late. in 25 years have never been late - except for my 4 pregnancies. DH had snip 6 years ago. what other reasons could there be? even found myself looking at pregnancy testing kits today - but surely thats impossible??

RiceBurner Sun 12-Jun-11 23:53:29

Unlikely but not impossible that you could have conceived via your DH, as I understand that sometimes (in rare cases) vasectomies work for a while then the man can regain his fertility. (Tho I am no expert! Just heard of one case where there was a surprise pregancy in this way.)

It seems that the vast majority of vasectomies are fine, but there is a very small % of men who manage to produce sperm again after a while.

So I think it would be worth checking/ruling out pregnancy?

Hope you are OK whatever the cause. Could just be stress?

madhattershouse Sun 12-Jun-11 23:55:58

I'm 38 and my periods went up the spout a few months ago. I've been late and then really early even though I've been regular (almost to the hour) since I was 18! I fear I have gone into the perimenopause..is this a possibility? When did this happen to your mum, seems there can be a correlation!

crkm Tue 14-Jun-11 08:06:39

never thought i would be pleased that Af has arrived!!! must be an age thing!!

RiceBurner Tue 14-Jun-11 11:03:11

Good news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now