Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

God I feel so nauseous, and I'm so tired

(22 Posts)
FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 15:29:01

The tiredness has been for over a week, and the nausea has been gradually building up. Along with a background headache.

I haven't had my periods back since I had DS, but I took a test this morning just to check, it was negative.

What the heck is wrong with me?

I have to walk to the GP, it takes 45 mins. I haven't booked an appointment because I'm too exhausted to face walking there blush I don't want to ask my mum for a lift because she won't shut up with annoying question and fake over-concern. I need to get a grip and sort it out.

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 15:38:06

Is there much chance of pregnancy?

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 15:40:01

Well the test was negative. Can you get symptoms before a BFP?

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 15:44:33

Yes. I did with dd3. But you'd have to be only a few weeks.

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 15:45:25

Although nausea & headaches both go with excess tiredness so it needn't be pregnancy.

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 15:50:38

I have no idea on dating as I basically have no cycle. I think it'd have to be ultra-early symptoms though - so I'm not sure it's possible.

I'll try to drag myself to the GP, and do another test a week if there's no improvement.

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 15:51:01

Thanks very much for replying smile

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 15:53:16

I was thinking of sex in the last month rather than specific dates! Good luck!

cjbartlett Sun 12-Jun-11 15:54:20

anameic?

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 15:59:25

Ah blush Well, yes, in the last month <ahem> sorry for the inadvertent tmi!

I eat red meat and dark green veg, and I've never had anaemia before, but I'll ask the GP when I go, thanks, it's worth checking.

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 16:01:30

Oh, also I've been feeling very warm, and yesterday I realised I was the only one. But I don't have a fever.

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 16:03:13

I still get hot flushes from the last pregnancy.

FlingonTheValiant Sun 12-Jun-11 16:09:54

Ah, that may be a lingerer then.

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 16:10:01

Sorry only half a post.
Was going to add & GP did tests for menopause & thyroid probs

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Tue 14-Jun-11 00:38:44

Have you had any unsteadiness/dizziness associated with the nausea?

I ask because I had dreadful nausea and unsteadiness along with paralysing tiredness. Nausea so bad i could hardly eat anything and lost nearly 2 stone in weight. Unsteadiness became so bad that i eventually had to hang onto the furniture to avoid falling over. I must have looked like i had a drink problem!

My GP put it down to side effects of HRT, sent me off with a prescription for a different brand.

Symptoms no better, went back to see different GP within days.

She was so alarmed she packed me off to an emergency appointment with neurologist. Had scan and found brain tumour. 5 days later in hospital having op.

Sorry for long ramble. My point is make sure your GP examines you properly and listens to ALL your symptoms. Don't just let them dismiss it as menopause, especially if you have any unsteadiness.

If i had not been persistent and gone back so quickly my surgeon tells me i would have been dead within weeks.

IntotheNittyGritty Tue 14-Jun-11 01:24:05

Totally agree with Carrotsarenottheonly.....
Same situation (different diagnosis).
Kept being fobbed off, menopause, virus, etc. Now it is critical. Ask for indepth tests.

FlingonTheValiant Tue 14-Jun-11 14:13:05

Oh yikes. I'll keep that in mind. I have had some dizziness.

So sorry to hear that you've both been through that, Carrots and Nitty, what a disgrace. I really hope things are going well for you both now.

I'll be sure to be on the ball with the GP.

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Tue 14-Jun-11 19:04:49

I was very lucky, the tumour is not malignant so now it has been taken out it is very unlikey to recur. I was just so lucky, it was very close to the brain stem, and if it had started to impinge there i could have literally dropped dead at any time.

I just can't believe I allowed myself to get so ill before i insisted on it being taken seriously. I guess i have always thought I wasn't the kind of person to get seriously ill, but it can happen to anyone. I will never ignore worrying symptoms ever again.

My GP said the dizziness was the biggest red flag for my condition so make sure it is investigated thoroughly.

Nittygritty, I hope your condition is quickly resolved and you have a full recovery.

FlingonTheValiant Thu 16-Jun-11 10:57:43

Carrots I'm so glad to hear it's been resolved for you. It's so difficult to know when to see someone, isn't it. Most of the time you see the doctor there's nothing wrong and they make you feel like a bit of a fool, and then you just stop going.

I've just been and the GP thinks it's a labyrinth disorder after an ear infection (she found some scarring in one ear). She did a mini neurological test and that was all fine.

She's given me some medicine to help with the symptoms, and I'm to go back if it's not better in two weeks, and she also wants me to do another pregnancy test in two weeks. Apparently it could take up to 6 weeks to clear up though.

Thanks so much for pushing me to go and see someone smile

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Thu 16-Jun-11 23:25:47

Glad you have got a diagnosis, Flingon.

Inner ear problems are the most common cause of your symptoms. Glad your GP did the neurological tests to be sure, shows she is thorough and they would have shown up any possible neurological causes. In my case it was pretty clear from those tests that it was very likely neurological as I fell over when she asked me to close my eyes!

The big thing I have learnt from my experience is always to get worrying symptoms checked out quickly. I was always one of those who put off seeing the doctor as i assumed it would go away on its own. A very dangerous way to behave - I feel silly now as I could have died.

And remember - a good GP will NEVER make you feel foolish for getting them to check out anything that is worrying you. If yours ever does, see another one.

Hope your symptoms clear up quickly and you are feeling back on top form soon! smile

missd2013 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:32:25

i feel the same way but im not pregnant cause i took the test two time in like two months but i dont know whats wrong with me ..................................................................someone please help me i feel so bad my head hurts i feel nauseous and i feel so tired confused

wonkylegs Tue 21-Jun-11 12:48:55

Go and get yourself checked out
I know that it's an effort but you really need to
I've got the same symptoms on top of other medical problems I had put it down to side effects of my meds but after stopping them they didn't go away
Then I collapsed , I got checked out thoroughly after that but not before scaring the hell out of me - lots of what if I'd been in my own with my DS sad
They are not sure what's wrong but I'm being kept an eye on which sets my mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now