Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena????

(7 Posts)
Baffledandbewildered Sat 11-Jun-11 19:57:45

it may sound mad but I am rather neurotic about medical things!! I had a mirena coil fitted yesterday and I'm not sure if I can have a bath or should shower for a while. I know it sounds daft but I'm scared of doing the wrong thing .... HELP please all advise welcome thanks

Choufleur Sat 11-Jun-11 19:59:28

Yes you can bathe. It''ll be fine: it won't fall out and you won't whoosh water up into your womb.

bristols Sat 11-Jun-11 20:01:28

What choufleur said! You can just carry on with everything in life as normal smile

orienteerer Sat 11-Jun-11 21:31:49

Congrats, I've found mine to be brilliant (just had no.2 fitted) grin

Baffledandbewildered Sat 11-Jun-11 23:14:29

Thank you everyone just running the bath now you are stars

Mamathulu Sun 12-Jun-11 10:08:03

If you do find you feel uncomfortable at all though, do go back to your GP - I suffered with one for the whole five years, until when it was taken out I suddenly realised how awful it had been. So just be careful - but hopefully you'll be fine and dandy, and it'll be brilliant! grin

Larold Sun 12-Jun-11 19:10:30

unlike mine which embedded itself into my womb and had to be surgically removed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now