Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

there is an alien about to burst out of my perineum.

(10 Posts)
crispface Fri 10-Jun-11 22:25:19

the perineum is the bit between my arsehole and my vag right? Assuming that it is, there is a big bulge to the right hand side of my perineum.

It is about the size of a marble, and protrudes about as much as a marble (a normal sized one).

it hurts to press, a bit like a bruise, and the whole area around it is a bit red and itchy, though that could be non-related.

wtf is it? am i growing bollocks?

TeamLemon Fri 10-Jun-11 22:26:58

Ingrowing hair?

Thread title of the week BTW.

fluffybutt Fri 10-Jun-11 22:50:04

Ouch, poor you. Sounds a bit like a cyst or boil. Try not to squeeze it, you might need antibiotics.

jenniec79 Fri 10-Jun-11 23:24:59

Might be a blocked gland. If it's red and sore as well I'd get seen by GP/A&E as could need draining esp if infected. Are you feeling unwell, or have a temp?

megagusset Sat 11-Jun-11 00:39:25

bartholin cyst? get thee to GP for check up just to sure.

crispface Mon 13-Jun-11 21:20:47

it is still here, getting smaller and less painful - am waiting it out as it is not causing me any bother. No temp, no fever, no general illness, possibly just a boily thing <vom>

thanks all.

dontlaugh Tue 14-Jun-11 20:08:10

Bartholin cyst more than likely. if it comes back, it can be drained. Excellent title.

leapyleo Thu 16-Jun-11 19:29:02

I've had something that sounds very similar - first noticed it about 10 yrs ago - got maddeningly itchy, then really sore like sandpaper and looked size of a pea. Lasted about 3-4 days then disappeared. Since then it comes up every few months but now gets much larger - I had it checked by a gynae who said he thought it was a blocked sebaceous gland and no need to worry but he could remove it when it was next inflamed if it really bothered me. I didn't have it done even though it's infuriating - just get it every few months now. Weird.

HidinginaHardHat Thu 16-Jun-11 20:22:49

sounds like a blocked sebaceous gland/sebaceous cyst. You can have them removed but there really isn't any point unless you are really bothered by it.

You tube Sebaceous Cyst and see how much mess they make grin

crispface Thu 16-Jun-11 21:55:17

oh god NO! i would throw up or pass out! I shall take your word for it. Has totally gone now!! how bizarre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now