Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hoping for good advice - when to tell possible new partner about STD?

(2 Posts)
dirtyoldwhore Fri 10-Jun-11 18:14:18

No judgypants please.........

17 years ago I caught genital herpes off my then boyfriend. I later got married and have since separated - told my ex dh before we did the deed so he could make informed decision.
I have been on my own for 4 years and now have possibility of actual meeting of a man through dating site and possibility of sex! Do I wait until I meet him and see if we fancy each other or do I tell him before so he can decide if he wants to meet or not? We have done the usual e-mail/texting/phoning and both keen to meet - been slightly flirty but not too rude...

Any suggestions on the etiquette of telling about STDs?

theanimalswentintwobytwo Fri 10-Jun-11 19:09:01

No experience personally, but I would say after the first few dates (assuming you won't be "doing the deed" after the 1st date). You can't really know if you fancy someone from communicating, so I would meet up and if things are going well between you then bring it up.
Sorry I cant be more help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now