Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A general moan about the pelvic area

(5 Posts)
tak1ngchances Thu 09-Jun-11 09:58:35

I am a mess. This will be a bit moany, apologies.

End of March I was diagnosed with endometriosis and chronic bacterial cystitis. I am taking Ciprofloxacin every day for the cystitis and am on week 10 of it. I still have awful flutterings in my bladder and feel constantly like I will wee. It's VILE.

Yesterday I went to the physio for lower back and thigh pain and joy of joys she thinks a disc is bulging out onto a nerve.

To top it all off, I have IBS. And I am supposed to start TTC for our first baby this year and I'm thinking, inhospitable environment or what.

Does anybody have nice stories about managing to get pregnant and sustain a pregnancy and give birth with a knackered pelvic area? Please cheer me up, I am miserable as can be.

Nullius Thu 09-Jun-11 14:31:43

Oh dear sorry you are felling so crappy.

Sorry i cant help on the TTC front, just wanted to say have you checked out the IBS in relation to your endo? or are you having any treatment for endo? Because quite often the IBS sysmptoms are infact caused by the endo.

I think the disc / nerve issue can result in surgery to prevent any further serious damage, so if you plan on becoming pregnant you need to discuss this issue with them now, as I doubt they would operate once you are pregnant, and pregnacy itself could make the situation worse.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 09-Jun-11 14:48:52

I would second what Nullius has written here.

Who diagnosed the endometriosis initially and what if anything did they do in surgery?.

Are you still under the care of a gynae now?.

I had scaiatic nerve problems and this was caused by the pain eminating from the endometriosis.

IBS can often be mistaken for endometriosis; endo can easily get onto the bowels. Same with the bladder; endo can travel there too.

www.endo.org.uk is a helpful website.

tak1ngchances Thu 09-Jun-11 14:59:16

Hi Nullius! Thanks for the sympathy is v nice. I had the endo lasered off in a laparoscopy. IBS I have had since I was 15.

Disc we are trying to manage with physiotherapy for now to see if it calms down.

It's just all so much at once, you know?!

tak1ngchances Thu 09-Jun-11 15:02:31

Attila that is very interesting about sciatic nerve being related to endo.

I kind of feel like the nerve pain is somehow related to the bladder problems. When I need a pee the back pain is much worse. All a bit random.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now