Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pulmonary embolism

(2 Posts)
EllaBel Wed 08-Jun-11 21:26:45

I'm in the middle of checks to see whether I have got a 'PE'. Had a positive blood test (di-dimer as it is called) but apparently that is not conclusive as preg. women often test positive, had negative blood gas check and negative or inconclusive chest x-ray. Now they want to do a 'perfusion scan' (rather than a CT scan as less radiation)to see if that shows anything. I am just under 38 weeks - so so nearly there, I'm on Klexane to thin the blood as a propholaxis (sp). Pain in chest on deep breaths and related to some movement but not any obvious bruising or injury to connect it to, no more than normally short of breath. Sad. Anyone got any similar stories?

TotalChaos Wed 08-Jun-11 21:48:49

2 positive stories:
1)my friends DD had a positive D-Dimer test when PG, and chest pains etc, but on further testing was found not to have a PE
2)my gran ended up in hospital with a PE, was in for about ten days, on a Heparin drip, and made full recovery.

Sorry you are going through such a worrying time, and it's found not to be a PE. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now