Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone want to figure out WTF is wrong with me?!

(15 Posts)
fuzzpigFriday Wed 08-Jun-11 21:23:32

feeling rough the last few days, but not coldy at all. Getting worse though. Aching a lot like bones are made of iron. Hot flushes and dizziness especially when I stand up.

Even going up stairs makes me out of breath and my heart beats so fast, I feel like I'll pass out or like my heart will burst out of me. I'm 24 and not usually majorly unfit or anything. I haven't been able to carry my DS or raise my arms up or change his nappy etc

DH sent me to bed so I've been lying down for well over an hour trying to sleep but I can still feel the blood pumping all over and breathing faster than normal.

Sorry for major hypochondriacness but I don't normally get sick other than bog standard colds so I'm a bit freaked out.

Any ideas please. X

OddBoots Wed 08-Jun-11 21:25:46

Have you had your blood tested recently? It could be anaemia.

LargeGlassofRed Wed 08-Jun-11 21:26:52

Not sure sorry, would see a doctor, how about giving Nhs direct a call?. Do you have a temp?

fuzzpigFriday Wed 08-Jun-11 21:54:22

Yes forgot to say actually had blood tests on thurs - full blood count, vit b12 and thyroid. That was more for ongoing tiredness, it's got a lot worse suddenly. Not like normal. Lot of headaches too. Not sure if I have a temp - thermometer battery died! Feel hot/cold in waves with the dizziness.

I was thinking of going to the walk in GP tomorrow but I'd feel a bit stupid going there with such vague symptoms blush

boysrock Wed 08-Jun-11 21:57:19

Flu?

OddBoots Wed 08-Jun-11 22:03:30

Hopefully the blood results will be back soon, you would have usually heard by now if you had serious anaemia but even minor levels can make you feel really grotty.

It is most likely that you have a virus but you should really give NHS Direct a call if you are really worried.

Don't worry about going with vague symptoms but if you are able to get a new thermometer/battery then knowing your temp will help.

hiddenhome Wed 08-Jun-11 22:11:11

Some viruses can cause your heart to feel like this. tbh it sounds very similiar to the virus that we've all had recently. Try taking your temperature and resting up.

fuzzpigFriday Wed 08-Jun-11 22:25:35

I don't think it's flu, I don't feel bad enough tbh - I hear with flu you seriously feel like death, and I feel crap but not that crap iyswim

Virus is likely... You can't do anything about them though can you... worth going to dr anyway just in case. This is when I really hate not having a car envy

Was wondering about a UTI, I had one a few months back and had no idea until it got quite bad and it delayed my period by over a week, I thought I was pregnant. Guess I'll be peeing in a pot tomorrow then <quaffs water>

OddBoots Thu 09-Jun-11 19:07:24

Just wondering how you are feeling today. I hope you had a good night sleep and a restful day and are feeling much better.

serpentina Thu 09-Jun-11 19:40:34

Do you feel out of breath generally? Also, while you are resting, is your heart beat raised?

fuzzpigFriday Fri 10-Jun-11 08:02:33

Don't feel out of breath generally no, but when I'm lying down my heart goes really fast.

Off to the walk in today.

DeWe Fri 10-Jun-11 09:29:56

Sounds how I felt in pregnancy. Is that possible?

fuzzpigFriday Fri 10-Jun-11 12:12:03

Heh, nope definitely not pregnant!

Well, went to the walk in and saw a lovely doctor (actually a physician's assistant) who was really thorough. But she's baffled. Blood sugar, ears, chest, blood pressure all fine. She said as I had blood tests last week anyway I should get those results and see my usual GP surgery. She also said I may need to have an ECG.

Phoned the surgery and the blood tests were all clear, even the iron levels are fine. Got an appointment next week, and I'll describe it all again as it only got worse since I last saw them.

AccioPinotGrigio Fri 10-Jun-11 12:20:02

Did the blood tests include thyroid function?

I mean it could be anything but shortness of breath, heart racing after climbing stairs are symptoms I had when my thyroid was overactive. Also feeling hot all the time was another one. If they didn't test your thyroid, it's one option to consider although as I said it could be anything.

Hope you get it sorted.

fuzzpigFriday Fri 10-Jun-11 12:45:52

Yep thyroid tests came back normal as did full blood count and vit B12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now