Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Broken toe. Can you come and confirm it online please...

(5 Posts)
suwoo Wed 08-Jun-11 15:04:15

So I stubbed my (little) toe last Wednesday and assumed it to be broken. The assumption was made to me having done it three times previously.

I didn't go anywhere but just strapped it to the next one. A week on, the brusing is now at the end of my toes, ie on my foot and it is still extremely painful (in shoes and if not strapped).

Is this normal? Should I get someone to look at it? What if I have a footballer-esque broken metatarsal?

suwoo Wed 08-Jun-11 15:05:03

First sentence should read *due to me having done it three times.

RoadArt Wed 08-Jun-11 20:31:58

I have broken several toes and never gone to the doctors because I was told they dont do anything. But several months on they have still hurt.

You could see the doctor at least you would get a second opinion and advice as to deal with it?

mummytime Wed 08-Jun-11 20:54:22

I once dislocated my toe, I know because it was x-rayed. If I hadn't gone to get that done it wouldn't have got better. Personally I would always get and x-ray and the diagnosis confirmed.

suwoo Wed 08-Jun-11 21:31:29

Hmm, I think I should probably go. I might try the walk in centre first, it'll be quieter. What a ball ache.
Cheers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: