Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Possible untreated fractured hand about 5 weeks now?

(4 Posts)
lexcat Tue 07-Jun-11 22:01:53

Gave my hand a wallop about 5 weeks ago. Became very swollen and bruised, still had most of the movement of the hand only very painful if touched. The bruising and the swelling went down excepted for a lump.

Now I have a very small lump and occasional pain when touched in certain ways (putting my hand in my jeans pockets is the normal one). Today a small boy put his weight on the back of my outspread hand and it took me by surprise that it really hurt.

If I did in fact fracture a bone in my hand is there really much I can do about it now.

CMOTdibbler Tue 07-Jun-11 22:03:36

Its worth an xray - some hand bones heal very badly and can need surgery to screw them together

lexcat Wed 08-Jun-11 07:27:53

I would have though if the fracture was that bad I would've had no movement, or been in so much pain I might have acted on it at the time.

CMOTdibbler Wed 08-Jun-11 08:04:09

Scaphoid fractures often don't cause a lot of pain or restriction of movement - dbil had to wait two weeks to see if he'd broken his or not even with xrays.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: