Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cycle length & spotting, aka The practically non-stop period shop

(5 Posts)
SindyTellsMe Tue 07-Jun-11 13:40:19

In my late thirties and have been pregnant x3.

So far in 2011 I am lucky if I get 10 "clear" days in a row between periods. Used to have a lovely 28 day cycle with 5 day periods - no more, latest cycle was 19 days with 9 days of bleeding/spotting.

My GP is keeping an eye on it and I have just gone back on the pill purely for cycle-regulating reasons so will have to hope that works.

Anyone mind sharing their post-DC cycles with me? Bit worried that I might be on a downhill run to hysterectomy...

SindyTellsMe Tue 07-Jun-11 21:08:58

Evening bump, as I suspect there may be others out there...

IntotheNittyGritty Tue 07-Jun-11 21:20:03

Ive had constant bleeding from a very young age. Finally had marina coil inserted and it all stopped. No problems, no pains since.

SindyTellsMe Tue 07-Jun-11 21:30:02

Hmm, that's interesting Into... How often do those things need changing? Is having one fitted a bit like a smear test, or worse? I'm a bit reluctant about coils after my best friend had a bad rejection experience...

IntotheNittyGritty Tue 07-Jun-11 23:57:07

\hi, every 5 years. They do take some time for your body to adjust, because at the beginning you are getting a high dosage of hormones, but eventually your body calms down and for me anyway it worked. Being truthful it was probably about 7-9 months for my body to realign into its new regime but it has been the best thing ever.

I dont get any kind of bleeding now - ever - I dont get stomach cramps or headaches or moodswings. I didnt put weight on, I dont have to remember to take the tablets.

I would certainly think about talking to your doctor. It should help you get your life back and allow you to enjoy your child(ren).

Re the fitting - that is horrible. It is like the smear, they use a contraption to push it inside, and there is a string that stays outside (but you are not aware of it) doctors check for it at smear time. When it first goes in, you get a tremendous sharp pain because of the hormones kicking in, and initially this takes some getting used to. It isnt pleasant, but neither is constant bleeding.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: