Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

lost a tampon...

(2 Posts)
Jamillie Mon 06-Jun-11 23:31:38

This sounds gross I know. I have got to the age of 40, had 3 kids, and I can't believe that I lost a tampon. Just putting this on to let people know, as it can be very dangerous according to the doc. Had yucky smells going on, thought I had an infection, went to the doc and thought they would take a swab, and they found it lodged up behind the cervix, with no string. Basically festering. I felt awful, really unclean, I have no idea how I lost it. They have put me on antibiotics, as there is a danger of TSS, so please be aware! I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else - apparently it's quite common. Until today I really wouldn't have believed it...

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 07-Jun-11 10:27:27

I've had it happen. I was around 14 and my mum helpfully pointed out that I smelled rank.
I had to go to the doctor who whipped it out. Poor man, I imagine he had to give his surgery a proper airing once I'd gone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: