Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Eczema - this actually does what it says on the tin!

(5 Posts)
mamalocco Mon 06-Jun-11 11:41:02

Eczema broke out over DD1's face weekend before last. Couldn't get anything from the chemist since it was on her face and had to wait three days for appointment at the GPs. Saw a link on MN for skin salvation by purepotions and fortunately there was a stockist near DH's workplace. She said her skin felt better immediately and I had to cancel the doctors appointment since her skin had completely cleared up within 2 days. My bathroom is full of so called 'miracle' creams and potions but am so delighted to have found something (and not steriod creams) that actually work felt I had to share!

loveursoul Mon 06-Jun-11 15:53:26

Totally agree it is a fabulous product and whilst I started using it for myself on my eczema I have now used it on all my children and it works brilliantly! Just in case you do want to get hold of more am sure you can get it online on the purepotions site and they list other stockists there too

Fibreoptic Wed 08-Jun-11 05:46:45

I had a look at this stuff.I'm very weary of anything you put your hand in before smearing over my body.The potential for bacteria laden cream is frightening.I was sent this link about research by Professor Richard Cork and that really just confirmed my beliefs about these 'natural miracle creams'

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/eczema-how-to-save-their-skinspp-2284967.html

Absolutely vital reading for young mums!,I would forward this to any young families that may be choosing skincare products that may not have seen it,
Jane

FoxyRevenger Wed 08-Jun-11 11:08:51

God, reading that aqueous cream is really bad for skin...I have known that for a long time.

My GP refused to refer me to the Dermatology clinic during a bad flare-up because I had stopped using aqueous - apparently if I 'couldn't be trusted to follow my skincare regime' then I didn't warrant any other treatment.

Hope she choked on that article!

FoxyRevenger Wed 08-Jun-11 11:09:33

Oh and ps: The only thing that keeps me completely clear is Burts Bees cream, if anyone is looking for natural stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: