Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My something really really hurts

(8 Posts)
nineyearoldsarerude Sat 04-Jun-11 16:10:58

Yesterday I attempted to demonstrate a cartwheel (3/4 times and the first time since I was a child probably). I then had to carry my six year old for quite some distance later in the day. Felt fine.
Woke up this morning and can hardly move my head without feeling like I'm being stabbed in the upper chest/top of spine/somewhere inside that area with sharp knives. Finding it difficult to cope.
I assume I've pulled a muscle or something. Please tell me I'll feel better by tomorrow???!!!

vintageteacups Sat 04-Jun-11 16:15:09

I should think you've pulled quite a few somethings.

It's down to using muscles in a way you hadn't done since childhood.

Have a nice warm bath and relax and get an early night and I bet you'll feel a lot better tomorrow.

Butterbur Sat 04-Jun-11 16:22:23

Heavy duty pain killers are required here. Especially ones containing codeine.

nineyearoldsarerude Sat 04-Jun-11 16:24:45

Thanks for quick replies-have codeine in house I think so might resort to that (bath sounds good too but worried I won't be able to climb out!).

vintageteacups Sat 04-Jun-11 16:26:44

I did cart wheels and arab springs after years of not doing them and my groins felt like someone had stabbed me!

Us girls hey - we need to remember we're not 10 any more!!!

nineyearoldsarerude Sat 04-Jun-11 16:36:33

I'm glad I don't know what an arab spring is-would be suicidal if it was both neck and groin!

vintageteacups Sat 04-Jun-11 16:41:36

like a cart wheel only you you spring onto 2 hands and twist and land feet together. Doesn't look quite so effective at 34yrs though blush

nineyearoldsarerude Sat 04-Jun-11 16:42:56

I'm even older so I definitely won't be trying that one (sounds dangerous!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now