Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I know I could google but I find that makes things worse and mumsnetters generally have experience or give good advice.

(5 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sat 04-Jun-11 07:54:52

I have what looks like a freckle on my leg and it is bleeding very slightly. I was trying to wipe it off with a towel as it seemed too dark to be a freckle (I have others on my legs) but it didn't want to come off and then bled slightly. I am not going to the OOH doctor today as it seems OTT but is there an optimum time that I really should go? Or is it not a need to go situation?

I already have breast issues, maybe I could do a job lot confusedhmm. we need a new emoticon. I am not really sceptical.

TrinityIsAShreddingFatRhino Sat 04-Jun-11 07:56:21

I would go
any mole that bleeds or changes alot is a doctors visit I think
smile

TheOriginalFAB Sat 04-Jun-11 08:01:09

I agree but why have I never noticed this before and it is -well was - a lot darker than the other freckles on my leg. Damn.
Thanks for replying.

Elibean Sat 04-Jun-11 10:39:21

Do go to the doctor, always best to play safe.

It could be a solar lentigno - I have a few, they are very slightly raised so if you rubbed too hard with a towel, or shaved your legs, it could cause the bleeding. They are like slightly raised (or not, always,) freckles, and yes darker than other ones - at least mine are. Mine itch when they first come up, too, then they settle down.

I'd go for the job lot, if I were you smile

TheOriginalFAB Sat 04-Jun-11 10:50:30

The receptionist is going to love me when I ask for a double appointment hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now