Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PCOS and alochol, can the blood sugar levels affect memory loss??

(4 Posts)
extraconfusedhelp Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:42

I have heard that if you have problems with your blood sugar levels drinking alochol can affect your memory.

Has anyone experienced this?

Over the past 7months ish I have noticed that when I drink I can remember very little sometimes nothing atall.

A few weeks ago I had maybe around 2 bottles of wine, but remember nothing after the 3rd glass. I have had some memory loss in the past when drinking but it seems very time I drink now I have memory loss.

Would be interested to hear whats others think about this. smile

IntotheNittyGritty Sat 04-Jun-11 11:53:54

The best suggestion is not to drink. As hard as it is, and 2 bottles of wine is a lot for one person to be drinking, you will have problems down the line.

Not sure of medical connections, but alcohol affects people in different ways, and now that you have identified a connection you should really take this seriously because as you get older, this memory loss will get worse and worse.

When you are young, you dont think about the long term implications of what you do, whether its drinking, wrong foods, drugs/tobacco or whatever, but as you get older, you end up suffering the consequences of your actions during early adulthood.

catonlap Sat 04-Jun-11 12:16:48

Alcohol can affect your memory full stop. Don't think you can put it down to the PCOS.

see here for info

A1980 Mon 06-Jun-11 00:37:30

"A few weeks ago I had maybe around 2 bottles of wine, but remember nothing after the 3rd glass."

It sounds as if you were well pissed hence why your memory is affected. 2 bottles of wine is a heck of alot. I would be under the table with less than half of that.

Also with PCOS you have insulin resistnace bout your blood sugar levels are not elevated.

Cut back on the drinking, it has nothing to do with PCOS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now