Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Transform me from run down, post viral with chest infection, no energy to fabulous healthly glowing person. You have 3 days.

(25 Posts)
nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 13:54:08

I'm setting a 3 day deadline as quite frankly i'm sick of this...being sick.

Today I have read and slept. Now what?

TIA

chrisonabike Fri 03-Jun-11 14:13:16

Half hour in the sun in the garden during which time drink a berocca in a litre of cool water would kick things off well.

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 14:21:37

have never tried berocca, today could be the day.

chrisonabike Fri 03-Jun-11 14:23:35

Worth it for the luminous wee alone.

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 14:33:33

i guess glowing wee is a start isn't it.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Fri 03-Jun-11 14:35:39

If you can muster up the energy, make a big pan of lentil soup with lots of garlic, lemon juice, turmeric etc.

And yes, take your book out into the garden.

Eat raspberries and mango.

cyb Fri 03-Jun-11 14:37:00

Fake tan

have it off

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 03-Jun-11 14:37:21

Sunshine with optional gentle exercise like walking

Nice warm bath and early night to bed - wake up without alarm clock if you can...

Drink lots of water - you'll wee like a horse initially as all the gubbins is washed out of your system and then your body will get the hang of it and you'll feel fab

Also avoid toxins like caffine and alcohol for a few days (that includes things like diet coke!)

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 14:37:39

i am literally going to do everything you suggest. i am unable to make decisions for myself.

am going to walk to the school in the sunshine and pick up fruit and soup ingredients and berocca on the way back.

<hides cherry coke>

cyb Fri 03-Jun-11 14:37:51

Having it off is more fun

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 14:39:21

noooo to fake tan. i am of celtic complexion. noooooooo.

sex? really? with a chest infection?

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 03-Jun-11 14:40:13

tut tut smile

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 15:49:13

i now have a bag of vegetables from the grocers. i forgot the berocca and am now too exhausted to contemplate actually chopping all the veg.

i need a fairy godmother. it's the only solution.

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 17:02:42

soup on, turmeric and garlic a gogo. smile

JetLi Fri 03-Jun-11 17:05:05

Came on to recommend berocca but have been beaten to it smile
H&B do a cheaper version, in capsule form.

Couple of orgasms for the glow?

MrsTwat Fri 03-Jun-11 17:08:34

Seven Seas Tonic is a good pick me up after illness. Its vile to taste and you need to take a dessert spoonful 3 x per day.

May make your poo black (competing with the luminous wee perhaps) as it contains iron.

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 18:11:06

Soup is good. smile

mrsravelstein Fri 03-Jun-11 18:17:49

i've been taking an iron supplement called floradix (tastes vile) since somebody rec'd it on a thread here a couple of weeks ago... i must say it does seem to be helping my energy levels

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Fri 03-Jun-11 18:24:15

I've been taking Floradix in tablet form (no taste!) and am firmly of the belief that it's helping.

Glad the soup is good - hope you feel better soon.

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 21:53:17

are you really sure wine isn't a good idea?

HooverTheHamaBeads Fri 03-Jun-11 22:00:39

1000mg vit C

loads of water

that wonderful green sludge they sell at Starbucks, Nakd Juice Co or whatever. I swear by it.

NorksAreMessy Fri 03-Jun-11 22:01:05

Another vote for Floradix
another vote for the sexeh times

You might have a go at 'no processsed foods' for a week if you can bear to (afraid that includes coke!).
When I feel run down physically and look at my diet, it is when I have been eating processed food.
I don't include 'nice ham' as processed, or teabags etc but just stuff that comes in a packet and that you can't actually buy some of the things on the ingredient list.

Good luck OP, hope you feel better soon

HooverTheHamaBeads Sat 04-Jun-11 08:07:33

Watch the floradix - can make you constipated if you don't up your water and fibre.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 04-Jun-11 08:12:16

I'd take echinacea and make a huge vat of chicken soup (from the bones). This really does work.

nevergoogle Tue 07-Jun-11 21:47:14

I did it! soup, rest, reading book, sunshine, short walks, drinking lots of water and lots of sleep.
I got back to work on Monday and feel fabulous!
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now