Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had camera thingy down throat, dx inflamed stomach what next?

(6 Posts)
nomadwantshome Thu 02-Jun-11 10:57:34

It's not a bacterial thing. They've taken a sample and have sent it off for analysis. Have to go to gp into 7-10 days for results. I will need to go on meeds for 4-6 weeks to reduce stomach acid but tbh I don't really feel like I have an acidic tummy. Have been suffering nausea and loss of appetite. I also have to have my gall bladder out in a couple of weeks.

Oh the joy of growing older

joruth Thu 02-Jun-11 21:29:04

High acid in stomach does not necessarily give you acid heartburn, so you might still have gastritis caused by excess acid secretion, nausea and loss of appetite could be caused by this or could be something related to the gallbladder depending on what's going on there. Poor you....

nomadwantshome Fri 03-Jun-11 18:23:50

Thanks joruth. From what ive read I think I have to start noticing how I feel after I've had something to eat. I have noticed already that I get tummy gripes after most meals, great! Never really paid much attention to it before tbh.

nightcat Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:08

Have you tried cutting down on carbs? Stomach acid is meant to digest proteins not carbs, so can't cope easily if you start your day with carbs.
I feel tons better since having scrambled egg for breakfast and got rid of all cereals. Maybe worth trying?
Tbh most cases of "too much" stomach acid are a result of eating too many carbs instead of protein, so stomach acid has nothing to do and just hangs around. But you need stomach acid as w/o it you won't be able to absorb all nutrients properly, so I am with you on this one. If you have some protein, then stomach acid gets down to digesting them and should not bother you much(?).

nomadwantshome Sat 04-Jun-11 17:17:42

Night cat thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you have scrambled eggs on their own then?

nightcat Sat 04-Jun-11 22:21:19

Well, I jazz them up with spring onions, maybe tomatoes, mushrooms, occasionally some shredded ham or salmon, whatever you fancy, I like to see some colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now