Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Period 2 weeks late..not pg...47....what is going on?

(7 Posts)
fizzfiend Wed 01-Jun-11 23:04:50

Anybody ever have this? I am a bit scared...have dr appt, but am wondering what on earth is happening...guess it could be menopause. Seems so sudden though. Any ideas? Pleeease!

smudgethepuppydog Wed 01-Jun-11 23:14:46

Menopause would be my guess. I'm 47 and my peroids have suddenly become erratic and I think I'm starting hot flushes..deep joy. Good luck at the docs.

fizzfiend Wed 01-Jun-11 23:41:12

Thanks for answering. It's just that periods have been pretty regular, then BAM! I won't be sad to say goodbye if that's the case though!

BibaLee Wed 01-Jun-11 23:57:38

More than likely to be the menopause.

An absence of this period does mean they are completely gone though grin Be prepared, as it were as you're likely to get irregular breakthrough bleeds for a while yet.

fortyplus Thu 02-Jun-11 00:12:35

I'm 50 and my periods suddenly stopped for a few months last year then came back erratically but only light bleeding for about 2 or 3 days and very irregular. I've also had endometrial ablation about 4 years ago which can stop periods completely but that wasn't the case for me.

strawberryjelly Thu 02-Jun-11 08:33:52

Why does it seem sudden? it's got to start sometime!

2 weeks late at 47 is perfectly normal.

pe i meno can last for 5-10 years , so expect lots of irregular cycles and normal ones in between.

peachybums Fri 03-Jun-11 20:06:09

My mum is 45 and going through the menopause so it can happen anytime, it just 'came on' with her too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: