Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which contraception to use ???

(6 Posts)
ruth6692 Wed 01-Jun-11 20:43:59

Im looking for some advice please i've just been to the gp to get my pill perscription but she was saying as im now 38 she wasnt too happy to give me the pill anymore ive been on it for 20 years so would rather stay as i am but she was telling me about either the injection, implant and the coil i was just wondering what peoples experiences of these are as im not too sure which to pick .
Thanx

MayDayChild Wed 01-Jun-11 20:59:56

If youve been happy on pill then any other hormone one should be good for you. Less likelihood of side effects
I like my mirena coil. I think it's pretty easy to remove too unlike inj and implant.
My gp said inj and implant were for teenagers!

strawberryjelly Wed 01-Jun-11 21:08:27

I'd find another dr- maybe Family Planning?
My gynae who I see privately ( and he's brill- also treats Royal family) says that if you are not overweight and have no other risk factors, you can use the pill now until you are 50.

This is not new- friend I have in Italy re-started the Pill at around 43.

Seona1973 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:18:15

what about the mini-pill? I have used cerazette for the last few years with no issues

ruth6692 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:28:17

thanks i think i might go and see one of the other docs when i go back as the gp i saw last year said it was something id need to look atbut she ws happy to give me a years percription as i wasnt in the high risk group but gp today made it sound like id drop dead if i stayed on it any longer so thought id better check out my options !!! i had been looking at the coil but heard mixed reports and wasnt sure about the inj or implants has anyone had weight issues etc on these ?

Seona1973 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:34:09

I put on tons of weight with the injection and bled a lot too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now