Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

If I sit down for too long my backside/coccyx area starts to really ache...

(5 Posts)
notnowbernard Wed 01-Jun-11 17:14:22

... in a way very reminiscent of late pregnancy

My back hurt like a bugger when I was pg with DC3

He was back-to-back for a lot of labour and the pain was all in my back

Could this be related? Or is it nature's way of telling me to stop being a lazy-arse

Can you do yourself damage in childbirth in this way?

It's not mega-bad but noticeable lately and is starting to get uncomfortable

pippop1 Thu 02-Jun-11 12:24:38

Hi notnowbernard,

I had exactly the same. Also backache in preg and back to back labour with both DCs. It still hurts if I sit for, say, 20 mins, on a hard wooden chair and I have to shift positions frequently. If the chair is padded it's much better but still hurts after about an hour and always when I get up from a chair. Office chairs are the best for me.

I was told by a consultant ortho that I had had a broken cocxyx and that it had healed badly. Only way to sort it out properly was an op and I wasn't willing. Now for the bad bit. My youngest DC is 19.

It's annoying but you get used to it.

RamblingRosa Thu 02-Jun-11 12:26:11

I'm the same and I also had a back-to-back labour but it had never occurred to me that there was a link TBH. You've got me wondering now.

PuppyMonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 12:28:14

I got it during and after last pregnancy, then it just randomly went away one day and has never come back - so maybe there's hope! smile

pippop1 Thu 02-Jun-11 16:47:55

I'm not optimistic after 19 years! Restaurant owners take note, I only go to those with comfy chairs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: