Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried I might just be pregant- please reassure me?

(3 Posts)
FourFish Wed 01-Jun-11 07:18:29

I'm on the mini pill because I'm breastfeeding DD2 (down to once or twice a day) and I forgot to pack it on a holiday over the bank holiday so went 3 days without the pill. Google searches seem to suggest that i will be fine as long as i use condoms for the next 7 days but my DP is currently freaking out because we had sex on Fri and he read somewhere that sperm lie dormant in the womb for up to 3 days waiting for an egg. Please tell me he is being his usual self and there is no chance in heaven or hell I am pregant?

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 01-Jun-11 07:22:26

Sperm can live in the body for up to 5 days, actually, but whether they do so or die within hours is going to depend on where in your cycle you are, because they live a lot longer in fertile quality cervical mucus.

I don't know anything about the mini pill so I don't know if it would affect ovulation/CM, but your partner's right that sperm can live several days i the right circumstances.

FourFish Wed 01-Jun-11 07:39:52

damn - thats two weeks worry before i can test then :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now