Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

minor but niggly problem

(5 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Wed 01-Jun-11 01:28:54

tongue is sore,like its been burnt,all round the edge and end pointed are. Tender spots on the underside. No rough spots on teeth and haven't bitten my tongue.
Non smoker and haven't eaten anything new or spicy???

candyfloss66 Wed 01-Jun-11 07:18:09

I have had a sore on the side of my tongue for a while my dentist said that it is an ulcer & gave me some Difflum wash I went for a 2nd opinion at my Dr's & he said it's nothing. I think that I'm run down as constantly tired and have a demanding 5 year old. Maybe go & see your dentist or Dr it could be ulcers :-)

rockinhippy Wed 01-Jun-11 18:40:48

It can be vitamin/mineral deficiency - off the top of my head I think its B12 & Iron, but it can be down to other things too, so if its ongoing, you should get it checked out by your GP

Mandy2003 Wed 01-Jun-11 20:03:15

Sounds a bit like oral thrush.

iamkirsty Wed 01-Jun-11 21:12:51

It could be "Geographic tongue" I get this and my tongue gets really sore around the edges. Best to go to your GP and check though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: