Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Increasing energy

(3 Posts)
Sonnet Tue 31-May-11 11:25:04

Can anybody advise me about what to do to increase my energy levels. I am 44, about a stone overweight and currently do no excercise or take any vitamin pills. I try, and usually suceed, in drinking 2 ltrs of water a day. I have been caffine free since January. I work 4 days a week, do running around after kids, most of housework (cleaner once a fortnight). I have lost my get up and go and I want it back.

I started running on Sunday in the hope regular exercise will help

Can anyone suggets anything please?

Sonnet Tue 31-May-11 11:45:46

applechutney Tue 31-May-11 14:23:05

Well I think that regular exercise helps hugely. I'm 45, and joined a gym in January this year. I was overweight (maybe by a stone or so) and totally unfit.

I can honestly say that my life has been changed in so many positive ways. I have tons more energy and my skin looks better than it ever has. I also lost all the excess weight and have really toned up.

You sound like you have an incredibly busy life, but if you can manage to fit in some fairly vigorous exercise on a regular basis (such as your running) you'll definitely reap the benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now