Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

anyone seen my period?

(6 Posts)
Canella Tue 31-May-11 09:36:23

it seems to be missing!! its now 40 days since the last one. Since having dc3 my cycle has been a bit irregular but more that they come early not late. I POAS yesterday which was (not surprisingly) negative since i had my tubes tied in 2007 but its still not here.

I feel like its going to arrive any moment but have felt like that for days now.

So has anyone any ideas whats going on? I'm not overweight or underweight, not stressed, not using any contraception, not exercising loads unless you count couch to 5k!! Just puzzled.

strawberryjelly Tue 31-May-11 10:38:22

Age? prem menoapuse?

Canella Tue 31-May-11 10:42:25

I'm only 36 but family complete so it wouldnt be the end of the world from that perspective.

Should i speak to someone about it?

differentnameforthis Tue 31-May-11 10:59:53

I skipped a period last month, but am on the pill. It has never happened before, so was a surprise.

POAS - negative. This month it came on with a vengeance.

I am 38, so wondering if it could be the start of something. Not concerned enough to see dr yet!

strawberryjelly Tue 31-May-11 11:11:33

I think- you can google- that female sterilsation can bring about fertility changes and possibly an earlier meno- though at 36 it would be a very prem meno.

If i were you I would keep a record of your cycles for 6 months then see your GP if they are all over the place.

Canella Tue 31-May-11 12:10:14

Thanks for the replies - different - sounds like you're having something similar apart from that i'm not on the pill.

strawberry - I googled that but couldn't find any definite studies that said that.

I do keep a record of my cycles and there are no 2 months the same - is between 30 days and 37 but obviously this one is the longest yet. Will wait a few more days before doing anything about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: