Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help - poss tmi.

(2 Posts)
mummyplum Sun 29-May-11 19:03:07

Hi everyone - please excuse this post but I have no idea what is going on with DD's tummy.

She has chronic constipation with overflow which I treat with movicol alongside other health issues. She has been on movicol for 4 years and we have never had a problem with it. She has never done a normal poo without it. Anyway, beginning of the week she had an episode of diarrheoa after nursery. The next day she was fine, pooing fine too. By wednesday she spent the afternoon complaining of tummy pain and was running to the loo again. Thursday she was fine but since then she has been complaining of tummy ache (crying in pain at some times) and needing the toilet very frequently, passing very loose stools but not diarrhoea.

I have stopped the Movicol but I am at a loss as to what to do...she doesn't have a temperature.

coansha Mon 30-May-11 01:53:41

I would get a stool sample off to Dr's asap, she could have picked up something at nursery as Gastro is so easy to pick up.
have you introduced a new food/ drink? is she swapping stuff at nursery? Its just so easy to catch stuff but the only way really is to get a sample off, collect a little jar and make the appt.
I hope she gets better soon, bless her x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now