Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

DH's embarrassing (but very painful) problem

(7 Posts)
Eddieshead Sun 29-May-11 10:13:24

He had major surgery about 6 weeks ago and ended up back in hospital with complications. All OK now apart from a seriously painful episode of Betty Swollocks. The area around his balls is red and has a rash. It started off with a bit of a sore spot from when he was confined to bed which sudocrem helped with but now this horrid rash is so uncomfortable its actually waking him in the night. He is getting sweats at night which we think is related to the medication he is on, so that isnt helping either. Can anyone think of something he could put on it to make him a bit more comfortable. He's just using talcum powder now. Any advice very gratefully received.

Oh and PS his surgery wasnt in that area

IhateSunday Sun 29-May-11 10:15:39

what about metanium? sounds like classic nappy rash to me.. hope he feels better soon!

3littlefrogs Sun 29-May-11 10:16:51

Sounds like an infection. He will need to see the doctor i'm afraid. It could be bacterial or fungal. If it started with a spot it could well be staphylococcal, and picked up in hospital, so needs medical opinion asap.

3littlefrogs Sun 29-May-11 10:17:39

These things ALWAYS happen on bank holidays.

Eddieshead Sun 29-May-11 10:25:41

What a pain eh? Just to clarify, when I said spot, I meant as in he had a little raw/sore area rather than an actual spot, but I suppose an infection perfectly possible yes, although it does look like a nappy rash.

Bloody bank holidays

DaisySteiner Sun 29-May-11 10:34:59

Sounds like intertrigo. I would go to nearest pharmacy and get advice, they will probably recommend an anti-fungal cream.

Eddieshead Sun 29-May-11 11:17:50

Just read up a bit about that and yep, it fits exactly. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: