Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Late period but not pregnant - what could it be?

(4 Posts)
Pootles2010 Fri 27-May-11 15:26:21

I'm stumped. Don't think its early menopause (i'm 27, no hot flushes or anything), normally very regular, was due on monday but still nothing, it would incredibly unlikely for me to be preg, and i've done test anyway just to be sure and it was negative (last night).

So what now? What else could it be? Driving me mad. I really don't think I'm preg but as this would be disaster for us I'm worrying like crazy.

Meita Fri 27-May-11 15:58:32

Have you been particularly stressed recently? On a diet? Ill/on medication? Are you underweight?

I often missed periods/ had very late periods. I suspect in my case it is due to a mild case of PCOS. If yours have been regular so far, I don't know how likely that would be though.

I'd test again next week if no period by then, then if still neg. you can be pretty certain your not pg. Then it is up to you if you want to worry about the missing period or just wait.

Pootles2010 Fri 27-May-11 16:02:57

I have been really stressed, this is not helping! I had no idea that could affect it.

Will instruct DP to take over all housework immediately :D

Meita Fri 27-May-11 16:09:29

Yep, probably now that you know there is a likely, benign explanation, you will relax and pronto! Period will start. wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: