Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Coil + mooncup?

(6 Posts)
smokinaces Thu 26-May-11 12:06:19

Got my mirena coil fitted yesterday (ouch!) and been told towels only for first month.

But after this I can use tampons.

However, I know for the first 6 months there can be sporadic spotting and bleeding, which I dont want to wear a towel/liner everyday for.

So would I be able to use my mooncup? Or would the suction interfere with the coil?

The nurse and GP told me they doubt mine will ever "fall out" as it was the hardest one they've ever had to fit (v. tight cervix, lots of scaring) but I am a bit worried I shouldnt be thinking of using a mooncup in 4 weeks time?

Anyone manage a cup with their coil?

Indith Thu 26-May-11 13:02:53

My coil fell out while using a cup BUT I wasn't told the no tampons for the first month thing so perhaps it hadn't settled in or whatever it is that coils do. I'd have thought that so long as you release the seal properly it would be fine.

hiddenhome Fri 27-May-11 11:45:10

My threads retracted after fitting the mooncup for the first time. I experienced an awful cramping pain that lasted for several hours after inserting the cup. When I removed the mooncup, my threads had gone sad

Had an ultrasound, but the IUD was still in place and I left it there for a further three years. They had a bit of a job removing it though.

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 27-May-11 11:51:18

Never occured to me to not use my mooncup with my coil to be honest... I had no problems

smokinaces Fri 27-May-11 12:19:10

Ok, thanks guys. So basically it could affect, it could not!! Will see how I get on!

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 27-May-11 12:52:16

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: