Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Has anyone ever had any complications after a medical termination?

(5 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Wed 25-May-11 14:00:13

I had an early medical termination on Monday, the pain is just getting worse, there isn't a lot of blood loss but today my temperature has shot up and I feel really unwell, faint and shaky. Is this normal?

belledechocchipcookie Wed 25-May-11 14:07:36

It sounds like you have an infection, they can happen after any procedure. You need to call the hospital. I hope you're OK.

gordonpym Wed 25-May-11 19:05:42

it is not normal. I agree with belle, it may be a infection, or as it happened to me, an uncompleted procedure, meaning, they left a piece behind. Call.

BaronessOrczy Wed 25-May-11 19:11:38

I had an infection after mine, it started like your symptoms - a week of antibiotics and I was fine.

Get thee to a doctor's surgery tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon.

belledechocchipcookie Fri 27-May-11 13:15:48

Just wondering how you are.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: