Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice for my mum and her psoriasis?

(4 Posts)
mummytowillow Tue 24-May-11 21:15:32

My mum has psoriasis on her head, its only around the nape of her neck and around her ears, its driving her mad and nothing seems to work?

She also has very inflamed ears, in ear canal and outer ear, this is also very painful sad

She has been to docs, and the ENT we took my daughter to see, even sneaked a look and told her to keep her ears dry, buy ear plugs, done all this hasn't worked? She has tried E45, E45 hydrocortisone, ear sprays from doctor and Burts Bees cream, still there? She has also tried various shampoos, no joy!

So I'm thinking she needs to go down the natural route, has anyone got any suggestions. Or any tips on what it could be?

Thanks

nightcat Tue 24-May-11 21:33:13

one possibility for you

lionheart Tue 24-May-11 21:50:52

I didn't know that nightcat.

Someone on another thread suggested www.m-folia.com/ which I have found to be helpful (you can buy it on the net).

Pedallleur Fri 27-May-11 22:19:32

Can be a dietary issue (dairy or gluten). She could try UV at a tanning place as psoriasis reacts to sun (it goes away). Certain topical ointments can work but it depends on the condition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now