Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how many of you started having irregular periods after turning 30.

(4 Posts)
classyinpink Sun 22-May-11 20:02:25

I used to have very regular periods up till age ot 31 and gradually started having irregular periods. sometimes I would miss a month, and then 2 months. the last stint was 5 months of no period. This is excluding when I was breastfeeding so when I should be having regular periods. my weight has been stable and stress level is obviously more up since I have children now! If you could post your experience and share with me, that would be lovely.

lexp72 Mon 30-May-11 20:02:02

I'm 35 and have a 2 year old. The last 4 months my periods have only lasted 2 days and are light, previously they have always been heavy and lasted about a week. Also I can go between 27 and 37 days between periods. My hormone levels have been tested and are ok so i don't know what is causing this

strawberryjelly Mon 30-May-11 20:07:39

You should go to your GP for blood tests. If you miss lots of periods like this you are at risk from osteoporosis when you hit 50/menopause.

Many women athletes or people who exercise a lot find their cycles are irregular and missed periods- not just one month but several months- mean you body is low in oestrogen which will affect your bone density.

dontrunwithscissors Mon 30-May-11 21:03:50

I think it's possible that thyroid problems can affect periods?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now