Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

choosing the right french hospital for 8 yr old with leukemia

(7 Posts)
skevany22 Sat 21-May-11 02:15:30

in the last week i have found out my son, 8, has leukemia. we, the family, were in peru but we have come back to france for treatment for various reasons. now i have to make a decsion, in next 48 hours on whether to stay in bordeaux at the hopital des enfants, or take him to lyon to the Institut d'Haemato-Oncologie Pediatrique in Lyon. i know this is a tough one, but if there is anyone out there with advice, specifically about which of the the two hospitals might be better, i would really appreciate it. or about how to evaluate one hospital over another.

skevany22 Sat 21-May-11 02:16:15

oh, and if there is somewhere else i should put this thread please tell me. thank you.

KurriKurri Sat 21-May-11 15:53:08

You could put a call out for French/French resident MNers on Chat and see if you get more answers, - health doesn't get a very high traffic.

I'm so sorry your little boy is ill, and I wish him all the very best for his recovery.

MmeLindor. Sat 21-May-11 16:11:32

Sorry to hear about your son.

Try posting in the Living Overseas topic - there are a few French MNetters around.

ajandjjmum Sat 21-May-11 16:20:47

skevany
Can't actually help, but when my Mum was taken ill in Italy several local mumsnetters were able to post advice.
Hope someone comes along soon - and that your DS can receive the treatment he needs soon.
Take care of yourself.

Bonsoir Sat 21-May-11 16:27:10

Gosh, skevany22, I am so sorry to read of your bad news.

I am in Paris and know nothing of hospitals outside the Paris region. There used to be poster called ggglimpopo who lived in the Bordeaux region and would know about hospitals but I don't know where she has gone.

Mollythenia Mon 04-Jul-11 09:14:22

My daughter was diagnosed in march with AML and is being treated at Clermont Ferrand, you have probably chosen a hospital by now but they are 2 of the best to choose from. if you ever need a chat as noone can really understand unless they are goign through it as even I can not understand my feeligns most of the time, but being strong is the main thing.
jemima has her bone marrow transplant next week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now