Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Long shot I know but has anyone ever had a hysteroscopic resection of a septum?

(6 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Thu 19-May-11 21:40:33

Because I was wondering how long the recovery time was and what was involved re pain after. I have been referred for one but don't think will see the consultant until the day it is scheduled for to ask such questions.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 20-May-11 10:19:48

bump

Baffledandbewildered Fri 20-May-11 22:07:22

Bump

ClaireDeLoon Wed 25-May-11 11:12:00

Last bump!

SnowieBear Thu 26-May-11 12:44:05

Hi Claire - septum as in your heart's septum?

I had mine repaired at 21 years old, but it was open heart surgery for me - technology hadn't advanced enough for keyhole approach. My recovery time was a good three months, only eight days in hospital though. I guess a less invasive procedure will see you trotting about in no time at all.

Good luck!

ClaireDeLoon Fri 27-May-11 16:54:56

Thanks for reply Snowie. Nowhere near as serious as what you went though though, a septum in my womb, dividing it into two cavities. TBH the fact that nobody has replied and said they'd had one is making me a little nervy in terms of them obviously being not that usual. I think I will call hospital and see if I can get an appointment to see the consultant that will be doing it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: