Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen stomach and weird "popping" movements inside

(12 Posts)
fanjolina Wed 20-Apr-11 17:13:44

before I explain my symptoms, let me say that there is no way I can be pregnant!

I frequently get a very swollen stomach, which happens intermittently. When it does, I look about 7 months pregnant.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have also been getting a weird feeling internally - lower down to the left or right of my stomach. It feels almost like something is popping inside. This has occurred once every 3 days or so.

Is it worth googling about, or am I just going to start worrying myself? And do these symptoms sound like anything anyone here recognises?

Thanks.

c0rns1lk Wed 20-Apr-11 17:14:56

IBS? Are you stressed?

cocolepew Wed 20-Apr-11 17:17:40

Def IBS, you're probably eating something that's doing this, it's spuds with me.

fanjolina Wed 20-Apr-11 17:17:55

Not particularly stressed. I have a hectic life, as most mums do!

I'll look into IBS symptoms. What is worrying me is the internal popping/movement feeling. If I didn't know 100% that I couldn't be pregnant, I would be worrying I had a baby in there!

fanjolina Wed 20-Apr-11 17:18:46

OK, 2 votes for IBS - I'll look into that - thank you.

(Can now stop worrying about much worse things!)

overmydeadbody Wed 20-Apr-11 17:19:37

The internal popping/movement is most probably trapped air and poo, moving through your intestines. Sounds like IBS to me.

cocolepew Wed 20-Apr-11 17:22:27

My insides were popping so much the other day I was sure someone would notice. It was like having a frog inside my bowel (nice)

laptopwieldingharpy Wed 20-Apr-11 17:24:24

simply bloated?
go on a little diet for a week?
I do no dairy (except greek yogurt), no gluten, reduce salt and lots of herbal teas.
sometimes its just a little metabolism overload?

belledechocchipcookie Wed 20-Apr-11 17:26:37

Don't assume it's IBS without being tested for other things. You should see your GP and ask for a referal to a gastroenterologist. IBS should only be diagnosed once other conditions (like chrones) have been excluded.

I don't mean to frighten you, a good friend was admitted to hospital last year with bloating and they found that she had bowel cancer, no other symptoms at all. It's best to get it checked.

fanjolina Wed 20-Apr-11 18:23:17

oh belle, I had managed to rid my mind of such fears with everyone concluding IBS!

Gross re the trapped air and poo OMDB!

laptop - I think I'll do a detox similar to your style of eating and see if things clear up. If not, I will get checked out by the GP.

Thanks all for your advice

belledechocchipcookie Wed 20-Apr-11 21:20:22

Medically the doctors shouldn't diagnose IBS without excluding everything else first, it's the guidelines I'm afraid.

chloe0089 Mon 27-Jun-16 04:12:39

hi guys, i have had IBS for 5.5 years now and recently i have experienced this popping sensation in my tummy when im not eating, is there any explanation for this. because personally im beginning to think that i have something other than IBS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now