Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I spilt some neat 'oven pride' on my arm...

(9 Posts)
HairyMaclary Wed 13-Apr-11 19:59:38

how serious is that? It was 3 drops that I washed of quickly but it's still sore. is there anything else I can do?

HairyMaclary Wed 13-Apr-11 20:00:26

Sorry- off not of!

BertieBotts Wed 13-Apr-11 20:04:52

If you washed it off straight away I wouldn't worry too much - it might be a bit irritated but hopefully no permanent damage.

Keep washing it with lots of water. If it is any more severe than a red mark I would think about seeing a Dr, it is basically a burn.

Safety data sheet for OVen Pride

HairyMaclary Wed 13-Apr-11 20:10:05

Thanks, it's a red mark at the moment but I did it a few hours ago and it seems to have got bigger. I just wondered if it was one of those that keeps on burning after it's been removed.

It's probably just that the DC are in bed and I'm noticing it more!

cazzygoldsmith Mon 03-Apr-17 17:55:01

I've done this myself about an hour ago on my hands. Tried googling but just scaring myself. How long would it take for blisters/burns to appear? I put water on straight away. Not burning, just tingling.

ThankmeLater Mon 03-Apr-17 18:05:39

You need to be really careful with chemical burns as they carry on burning for a long time afterwards - definitely seek medical attention if it blisters or continues to get worse/bigger - they usually need irrigating properly with special solution

Efferlunt Mon 03-Apr-17 18:07:12

I did this and it sort of developed into a small burn. It went away after a while though.

cazzygoldsmith Mon 03-Apr-17 18:24:25

Thank you, I will keep an eye in it. Feel so silly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now