Talk

Advanced search

Eyebags!!! Anyone had a blepharoplasty??

(16 Posts)
froot Sun 30-Oct-05 18:30:39

Just interested to see ....am booked in to have it done next year and need some 'top tips' to spped up healing/reduce bruising and swelling!

OP’s posts: |
spidermama Sun 30-Oct-05 18:35:21

What is blepharoplasty froot?

expatinscotland Sun 30-Oct-05 18:36:03

It's a brow lift, spider.

I'd LOVE to have one!

mrspink27 Sun 30-Oct-05 18:37:54

take arnica tablets before and after... lots of other good homeopathic rememdies, really helped after having a cs, all mws very surprised at how quick i healed.

froot Sun 30-Oct-05 18:42:33

No its not a brow lift sorry expat its an eyebag removal. They cut an incision just below the lashline and suck out the fat (bleurgh) and trim the loose skin.

I am also having a tiny bit taken away from the top lids....don't really need that now but as I will be on the slab anyway, so to speak, thought I may as well go the whole hog! Also my top lids are a bit droopy already and think it will be more noticeable once the bags have gone. I don't want to have to go back in a few years time - this is a one - off for me!!

I have always had bags (am 37 now) in fact when I was at uni I was fondly called the bag lady!! Even on toddler photos I had bags!! But they have got MILES worse since I had the kids.

froot Sun 30-Oct-05 18:43:27

Yes Mrs pink I have stocked up on arnica already as the surgeon recommended it.

expatinscotland Sun 30-Oct-05 18:54:14

Oh. A 'blephar' is an eyelid, and 'plasty' is a repair. So I thought it was a lift for the eyelid, more commonly known as a brow lift, where the surgeon trims down the eyelid and this oepn the eye a bit more.

expatinscotland Sun 30-Oct-05 18:55:41

Have you tried that stuff for decreasing bags? Think it's called 'Stri-Vectin'? It's expensive, but it may help.

expatinscotland Sun 30-Oct-05 18:55:43

Have you tried that stuff for decreasing bags? Think it's called 'Stri-Vectin'? It's expensive, but it may help.

froot Sun 30-Oct-05 18:57:39

Sadly I am beyond anything but a scalpel.............!

ladybird4 Sun 26-Feb-12 08:59:05

I'm seriously considering having my upper eye-lids removed this year. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in London?

topsi Sun 26-Feb-12 17:36:43

A brow lift lifts the eye brows and forehead a 'bleph' is eye lid surgery to remove eye bags or lift a heavy eye lid from the top.

afrocurls1 Fri 29-Mar-19 22:31:45

Hiya..
I wonder if you could feedback about the surgery and results.
Kind regards
Paula

princessTiasmum Mon 01-Apr-19 20:42:23

The stitches will come out after a week, but you might look as if you have been in a car crash for a while, but you can wear makeup once the stitches are out and concealer will help,
Not painful at all, and will lift you confidence so much

afrocurls1 Mon 01-Apr-19 21:17:16

Hiya Tiasmum
Can you recommend a clinic/ surgeon where you got the works done on your eyes?

princessTiasmum Mon 01-Apr-19 22:42:46

It was a very long time ago, and not sure if its even there now, but there is a good one in York who isnt too expensive, will send you the no

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »