Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had a sacrohysteropexy ?

(4 Posts)
minniethemooch Sat 05-Feb-11 14:46:48

Have been told by gynae that I have a prolapsing womb (though I had worked that out alreadywink )- also have to have a posterior repair and perineum revision. I have no choice really - difficulties with the womb pressing on my bladder and difficulties with BM. Vey sad it has come to this - can't quite believe it.....sad
Anyway, they are going to resuspend my womb with a mesh sling. I have misgivings about this but the alternatives aren't great either ..... an op that may need redoing or an hysterectomy (which may cause further prolapses ... sigh)
I wonder if anyone has had this op carried out and has anything good to say about it.TBH don't really want to hear scare stories.....
Hopefully
Mx

Meglet Sat 05-Feb-11 19:59:22

No experience myself but bumping for you.

(I have had a hysterectomy but that was for different reasons).

minniethemooch Sat 05-Feb-11 21:34:31

Noone? sad

flamencochick Mon 02-Nov-15 17:11:47

Hello. I am in recovery from a sacrohysteropexy (30th Sept).
It is safe done via laparoscopy. It was at St Thomas Hospital. Brilliant care. If you decide to go for it, please make sure you have a load of 'laxative sachets and something for possible 'fecal impaction.' As it will take time for bowels to get back to normal. I wish I was more prepared for that side of things! I'm still on the sachets!
First month been feeling very tired. But I am glad I had this op. Relief not to feel pressure on bladder and it is nice not to feel like I am balancing a ball in my vagina! I did a lot of research, and thought well I have teeth fillings and people walk around with all sorts of implants in knees, joints hips, etc and seem generally ok. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now