Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Excess saliva - help!

(4 Posts)
buzzybee Sun 07-Sep-03 11:22:26

During pregnancy, instead of nausea I produced excess saliva which apparently is also caused by hormones. This also caused my eyes to weep when I was lying on my side - all in all not very pleasant. Although it has now improved (dd is 17 months) I still seem to produce much more saliva than pre-pregnancy. Has anyone else had this problem and is there any remedy out there?! I have been a bit embarrassed about asking my GP - it seems such a trivial thing.

SofiaAmes Sun 07-Sep-03 19:49:54

buzzybee, I have not had this problem, though I had many others during and after pregnancy and can totally empathize with the post pregnancy symptoms that don't go away (I've got weak bladder, haemoroids and no stomach muscles to name a few).

All I can say is that under no circumstances should you feel embarrassed about asking your gp to help sort it out. It is NOT something that you should have to put up with for the rest of your life if there is a cure for it. And it is NOT trivial it sounds like a terribly annoying condition to me. If your makes you feel bad for asking, get a new gp.

bluecow Wed 10-Sep-03 19:50:06

Buzzy - a friend of mine had it when she was pregnant so it's not unheard of. Sometimes pregnancy symptoms can last on after baby is born for a while but eventually clear up. Worth a trip to the docs though just in case.

bluecow Wed 10-Sep-03 19:50:08

Buzzy - a friend of mine had it when she was pregnant so it's not unheard of. Sometimes pregnancy symptoms can last on after baby is born for a while but eventually clear up. Worth a trip to the docs though just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: