Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

rosacae

(4 Posts)
victoriah3 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:11:32

I have always had good skin, even as a teen I never suffered from spots but recently have got rosacae a kind of skin irratation. My face is constantly spotty, red and blotchy. I apply a special gel twice daily which reduces the irritation but I look dreadful - wearing foundation does not really help. Anyone else suffer from this and if so how I can I improve the look of my skin.
Doc was very vague about what causes it could it be stress?

mankyscotslass Fri 14-Jan-11 10:16:17

I've had it for years.

I use metrocream/metrogell from the doctor when I have a flare.

Things that trigger it can be different for differnt people.

My triggers are :- heat, sunshine, windy weather, moving from one extreme of temperature to another, and excercise. Food wise my triggers are :- coffee, most alcohol, citrus fruits and spicy foods. Stress and emotional upset can set me off too.

I have cut some things out, and have or do the others in moderation.

I use a mineral powder make up too, that helps.

victoriah3 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:19:42

Yes I have noticed it has been worse over xmas (bad diet) I hadn't really thought that food could make it worse. Thanks for pointing that out. I will watch out for stuff that makes it worse

mankyscotslass Fri 14-Jan-11 10:21:18

Try keeping a diary, it really helped me.

Sadly chocolate is on my bad list too, I think it's because the endorphins it releases make me flush!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: