Advanced search

lump on back

(6 Posts)
MrsKitty Fri 14-Jan-11 00:45:05

I've got a small pea-sized lump on my back, kind of under the skin IYSWIM. It doesn't hurt, or look red/coloured, it's just there. Noticed it a few weeks ago.

Something to get checked out? Or not?

bluefootedpenguin Fri 14-Jan-11 08:54:36

I would get it checked out just for peace of mind. It is probably nothing at all though!x

CMOTdibbler Fri 14-Jan-11 08:57:18

Its most likely just a fatty lump or a sebaceous cyst. But always best to get it checked by your gp

needcoffee1982 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:09:27

i have got one of these. its a cyst. you can get it removed but you will be left with a scar, so my gp told me he wouldnt bother as it is harmless

Rindercella Fri 14-Jan-11 10:11:17

Any lump should be checked out. It is probably just a cyst but go to your GP just for your peace of mind.

MrsKitty Fri 14-Jan-11 14:59:55

Thanks for all your responses - I was thinking possibly cyst. Will check it out at GPs next time I have a chance to get there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: